Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Home Again

I never blogged my response to the weekend away with the girls. You should be glad I spared you that. It is enough to say that I came home crying, filled with self-pity, and not because there wasn't any half-n-half.

Now I am home after an incredibly relaxing weekend in Napa Valley, where I attended a creative writing retreat. Don't worry for a minute that my writing improved. It just gave me some structured exercise and I think I wrote some kick-ass pieces. The best ones are about my childhood home. Maybe I will type one in here before I throw the stuff away.

If you have never been to Napa Valley, you are missing out on one of the greatest places in the world. Hot in the sunshine and cool in the shadows, Napa is bursting with green (and red and pink and yellow and violet and blue and orange). It is beautiful. I took today off and still have some time to relax. I also came home with an entire notebook page full of things I need to do. Everyone needs goals in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters