Friday, June 03, 2005

Baby I'm Back

What a difference a day makes. I came back from that writing retreat with a quiet mind. All that relaxation made me realize that life is freaking short! and so I picked up the phone and called my old boyfriend.

I know, I hear you. Calling old boyfriends is dangerous. It was a dangerous move, but I was watching Dogtown and Z-Boys and thinking hard about K and I was in a fuck-it mood. I called him. What! Lay off me.

The thing was, talking to him after a couple of months was just like talking to him when we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Easy. Fun. Then he asked me to go to a show. That night. What to do? How about exactly what I wanted to do, which was to GO. SEE. HIM. I did, we saw a fun show, went back to his place to talk, figured out we missed each other and should not have broken up, and then we (X-RATED). Today I am once again K's girlfriend and I couldn't be happier.

I'm not kidding myself. My best friend says he gives it a 25% chance of succeeding. I think he is short-changing us a little bit (I give it a 30% chance), but people, it's just stupid to sit around wishing for something and not taking the chance. You heard it here. People write books about it. It's called fearless love.

If I am crying my heart out in a couple of weeks, will someone please remind me of my steadfast commitment to NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED? No guts, no glory.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters