Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Nooner Post

I've been sitting on my roommate's bed "working" since 9am and frankly I'm pretty sick of it. I have to sit here because the wormhole to the Internet is in his closet and the wireless isn't fucking working. He does have a comfy mattress though, I'll say that for him.

I'm right in the thick of heartbreak at the moment and it's at this time that one of my best friends decides to send me an IM telling me that she is really bothered by a little heated disagreement we got into last night. An IM. This is how she chooses to communicate. When I suggest we actually Talk. On the Phone. she says she doesn't have time. Luckily this makes me feel superior.

Four of us shared three bottles of wine last night and then I came home to write bad breakup poetry which turned into a soul-baring dear john letter. I finally exhausted myself by weeping uncontrollably and went to sleep, only to wake up and realize What the hell? We have already broken up! Who needs a dear john letter at this stage? Except that yesterday he called me to say he has been thinking about things since we broke up on Saturday, and he feels he is getting closer to having some clarity. To him clarity is around whether he can commit to dating just me or continuing to play the field. Good for him and his approaching clarity. That's peachy. He needs to leave me alone.

And I think hey! I should tell him that he needs to leave me alone! But then I realize that a much better response is to ignore him. But that's what is making me angry. I don't like doing nothing. I need to go for a run along the Embarcadero and look at the bay for about an hour, and that will make me feel a whole lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters