Thursday, August 11, 2005

Rant

It's 3:20 am. I have to be up at 6:15, so these numbers are not in my favor, to put it lightly. No, I have not been out dancing in bars or shooting speed on a Wednesday night or whatever people in their 20's do, I have been doing what people in their 30's do who have a mortgage and not enough money -- working! I'm "on loan" to our chief marketing officer, and I still have my normal full-time job to do, and our global sales meeting starts in a week and our global marketing summit is in 10 days and I'm falling into my zen mode, which is basically barely alive. The worse things get the more calm I get, which is to say that I react slowly to everything. I don't know whether this will all be worth it, since today is the 10th (it's really the 11th because it's 3am but I'm pretending) and I won't be finished until the 30th, I've got 3 weeks to keep my eyeballs from exploding out of my head.

It's sad when the dog goes to bed at 11 and I'm still up 4 hours later. Damn Charlie for not staying by my side. Man's best friend...there are subtleties to that description.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters