Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Critical Voice Mail

I just left a voice mail for a senior vice president, begging for a job. I am an obsequious brown-noser. Here's what I said...I think it has a nice ring to it, one that says please god could you just hire me already? I'll do anything.

Hi Kathy, it's [me]. I just want to leave you a quick voice mail to let you know I'm. very. interested in continuing the conversation with you on your communications position. I would really like to work with you and I feel privileged to be considered. I hope you have had a chance to gather some feedback from the folks we talked about -- Rob (my last boss) mentioned you guys exchanged voice mails and he told me he thinks we would do well together. I'm eager to prove to you that I'm a team player, I believe in listening to you closely and doing whatever it takes to make you successful, and I'm completely committed to my role in helping you and your team achieve the goals you've set out as an organization. I hope we'll have another chance to connect on this soon, Kathy. All the best to you. Bye bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I think the "bye bye" is an especially nice touch!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters