Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lucky No. 13

No 13 -- David, age 37

I met David on Friday night at the Bigfoot Lodge. I had talked to him on the phone earlier and he said he has a beard because he got hurt in a couple of back-to-back accidents and he has been recovering. But he couldn't do anything physical for 4+ months so he had gotten to feeling like a sloth. So he grew the beard so that he wouldn't just feel like a sloth, he would look like a sloth too. He said it's his concept. I respect that. But I was afraid he'd be all puffy. But he wasn't. And he said the beard is negotiable. I like him. He got a literature degree from UC Berkeley and his family lives here in SF. He's Jewish. Tall. Dark hair and brown eyes. And here's the killer...he's an A&R guy who worked for a label and he signed the flaming fucking lips. Done. Deal. He said he's on my Fearless Freaks DVD which I would totally watch right now except that the new season of Project Runway is on and I'm otherwise occupied. We'll see how the next encounter goes. Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters