Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Not A Way To Score Points

Conversation in the hallway outside the office of the chief marketing officer:

Me [to Tracy and woman who I think is Tracy's boss Christine but I'm not sure because she is much heavier and has blonde hair now]: Oh hey! hi you guys.

Tracy, Other: hey, wow haven't seen you in a while, what a cute outfit.

Me [with ruffles on skirt which are never my thing]: oh really? thanks...I'm trying out a new style. Oh, hey you know, I'm looking for a new position. Would appreciate it if you hear of anything...

Tracy: I know Diane M is looking for people

Me: oh, yeah, huh huh [nervous laugh] ... I sent her my resume a couple of weeks ago and just never heard back from her...tried to call her a couple of times...huh, huh...I used to work for her... ... Ha! Maybe THAT's why she never called. [Then turn and make "blowing a wish" action from my hand.]

This is when I truly laugh because I think that's honestly funny. Get it? She blew me off.

Tracy and Other: Yeah...well, people are crazy busy these days. It's been that way for like a year. [then they turn and speak in another language which is english but there are no nouns or verbs in proper order...they are talking about what happened in some meeting]

Me: ...

Tracy, Other: Oh well. Hope it works out for you!

Me: Right! Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters