Saturday, June 04, 2005

Organize This!

This morning I had planned to drive over to my house in Lake Tahoe, since most of the long list of "goals" has to do with getting that place ready as a vacation rental. However, my plans were re-routed by a sudden intense desire to organize my laundry room.

The laundry room, like most rooms in this ramshackle apartment, is falling apart. When I moved in I had some shelves installed by an inept handyman and they are now bowed like the rails on a rocking chair and falling off the walls. Their utter precarious-ness caused some boxes that were filled with clutter I haven't looked at in years to fall down and scatter across all the washed and unwashed laundry piled in the room. This happened like a month ago.

So this morning I not only picked up all of that mess, I went through all my clothes and am donating 2/3 of what I own. I am most proud of the fact that I threw away all of the, ahem, old underwear and holey socks that would shock my dead mother if she saw them.

Now I am sweeping up the mountains of dog hair that carpets my apartment and I've got the Murphy's Oil Soap ready to go. This way when I come home from Tahoe next week I will walk into a clean apartment and sing the light fantastic.

I am taking the garbage bag full of mail to Tahoe with me. There are limits to my ability to organize in one sitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters