Sunday, August 27, 2006

I Can't Believe It Either

Wow. What a difference a month makes. I totally deserted this site when things got rough. Here's the thing. My dad died. The very next day after I wrote that "don't go in the desert" post, my dad drove that 1989 Toyota Camry into the desert and it broke down on the interstate for some reason or the other. Dad left the Bay Area early that morning and by the time I got to my brother's house, dad had already gone. His car broke down after he had been driving for most of the day and he was pulled over on the side of I-5 at a callbox. He had called a tow truck for help, and he was sitting in his car waiting.

He was killed by a bad driver who lost control of her vehicle, a 2003 Camry. She hit his car at 76 miles per hour. Twice. Her front left fender went into the back of my dad's car, and then her car flipped around sort of whip-the-kitty and the rear end of the driver's side went into the side of my dad's car. Both of my dad's femurs were broken and he took a hard blow to the head, which killed him instantly. My sister got a call the next morning and she called me on my mobile phone. I was at the builders supply store in san francisco and I took it hard. I'll tell you about the rest of my day later.

---t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters