Wednesday, November 22, 2006

In my years of therapy I have learned that when things go off the rails in one area of life, the balance I've struck with other areas helps me weather the ups and downs. It's a bad idea to over-invest in one area of life. I met someone on the phone this morning who talked about "not working to the same level" over the Thanksgiving holiday. Whoa...please seriously try to find some balance, work guy. I'm totally supportive of working hard and achieving your goals, but take a day off.

This weekend I hooked up with Patrick, a Tahoe guy I met some months ago. He invited me to the Divided Sky (the only bar in Meyers) for some band on Friday night and I went. Patrick's very cute, and he's also very fun to spend time with. In fact, I spent the whole weekend with him. So much for taking time to get to know someone before sleeping with them...there is no proof one way or the other that not sleeping with someone is better.

I'm going to Don and Dianna's for the bird tomorrow, and I'm excited. I have big presents for Nicole and Erika...Nicole's birthday was Oct 19 and I haven't seen her since then so the present thing is something to look forward to. I got a nice present for Erika too because I may have gone overboard with presents for Nicole. I love to spoil them and I might as well.

I'm bringing the casserole makings for green bean casserole and a homemade mac and cheese casserole. Must haves for T-giving if you ask me. Happy holidays everyone. Enjoy your families. Enjoy the food. Enjoy the peace of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters