Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wasn't the 4th-of-July Wednesday fun, and then wasn't the go-back-to-work Thursday the most awful and horrible kind of torture?

I spent the 4th at Michael's house at a BBQ that his mom pulled together at the last minute. In preparation I tried to make a berry cobbler but it turned out to be a congealed berry pudding because I couldn't find a simple recipe, I was running out of time that morning, and I improvised. Everyone ate it because they are polite and it was covered in delicious vanilla bean ice cream but c'mon -- MIDWEST REPRESENT! If you're from central Illinois and you can't make deviled eggs or a cobbler they shun you at community events. Where is my mom's cobbler recipe? It was so easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

There is a great and easy all purpose fruit cobbler recipe in the New American Basics cookbook.

7:07 AM  
Blogger phizen said...

Hey Babe,

Thank you for your courage in sharing this deeply moving and personal experience - your life. I feel closer to you everyday and yurn for the moment our eyes meet once again.

I love you,

Michael

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters