Saturday, May 19, 2007

What Goes Around

What a wonderful weekend. Here it is Saturday night, and I'm a little sunburned from lying in the grass in Dolores Park with Michael this afternoon. We are really enjoying spending time together.

On Monday this week we had the event I've been working for three months to deliver. Thank GOD it's over and thank god it went well. Scored a 4.65 out of 5 overall, and that's really good for the career, my friends. After too much champagne on Monday night I took Tuesday off, went to the Metreon cineplex and wandered from movie to movie just enjoying the dark and the entertainment. The best one I saw was Fracture. Anthony Hopkins is despicable and Ryan Gosling is cu-uute in a very young, very moral man way.

The deal on the house will close next week, thanks entirely to Bank of America. I went Wednesday to sign the papers for the loan drawn by unethical lying cheaters from American Home Mortgage, and those unethical cheaters tried to cheat me by sticking some private mortgage insurance in the deal to the tune of more than 7% of the monthly payment. I pointed out the fact that the truth-in-lending disclosure they were asking me to sign didn't match the truth-in-lending disclosure that I was mailed two weeks ago, and do you know what the cheating, unethical mortgage broker told me? That I should just go ahead and sign the papers and we'll work it out tomorrow.

Which I seriously considered.

Seriously. Considered. Because it's really scary buying a house and the unethical mortgage broker told me that if I didn't sign today we wouldn't have time to record the transaction and I would fall out of contract and possibly lose the house.

(Which is not true.)

I finally came to the conclusion that I would take the chance of losing the house, that there wasn't a chance in hell that I was going to sign for some loan that I didn't agree with. I walked out of the title company and went straight to Bank of America, where I have several accounts and I know one of their "personal bankers." Do you know that they have moved heaven and earth in order to get a deal together for me in a few days? It looks like the house is going to close on time. And it's a fair deal.

All of this pressure on the mortgage industry is proving some people to be unethical, lying cheaters. If you know anyone buying a house right now, I suggest you warn them to be ready to walk out on a deal before signing something you didn't agree to. Take it from Ponygirl, who has become quite the businesswoman lately.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Ponygirl is my personal banking hero!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters