Thursday, March 16, 2006

Seriously, Is This Healthy?

I just talked to him again and I don't want to let go. He makes me believe. I know I am taking a risk but it seems a calculated one. It can't be that hard to get over him even if I let this go for a couple more weeks, right?

He said again that he doesn't take the connection between us lightly, and he doesn't take me for granted. He told me that his subscription to Nerve is going to expire on the 23rd and he doesn't know what he will do, but he will probably not renew it. He said that he is feeling defeated by all of this uncertainty, and it is taking a toll on everything he is trying to do. He knows how rare it is to meet someone you connect with and he doesn't expect it to happen again any time soon.

He said he is troubled by the way I am trying to move this relationship along so quickly. He is also troubled by the fact that I have not been honest in the way I communicate, that I have a roundabout way about me. He said he thinks the strong feelings I have for him can become a liability because extracting himself from the relationship would be messy and difficult if things fell apart. And he said that he has fantasized about asking me to go forward with this relationship on several specific conditions but that seems ridiculous. He said maybe he needs therapy but he's trying to work this out on his own.

I let him know that I am meeting new people. But I am not closing the door on this either. It's possible I will see him at Kirkwood this weekend. I have plans to meet the film guy on Wednesday. Is this healthy in your opinion? I am not seeing George (my therapist) again until Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters