Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Because I Cannot Stop the Blogging Today

Friday night is Andrew's going-away party (in San Jose, blech!). I've blocked my calendar at work so that I can leave by noon and help him get his house ready, and last night I was talking to him about the plan when it occurred to me to ask: hey Andrew, is Harold going to be at your party? And the chilling response, "of course."

Harold is the unfortunate guy whose face Charlie chose to bite off, and Harold has a terribly unfortunate scar over his left eye as a result of that incident. Good thing it's Halloween, huh? I'm evil and I'm going to hell. I haven't seen Harold since this time last year (nearly to the day, I must add) when the incident happened. I do not want to see Harold, mostly because I have never enjoyed being around him and the fact that my dog bit his face only makes it worse.

Charlie bit Harold about ten minutes after I told Harold not to mess with Charlie and whatever you do don't put your face into his face because he will bite you. It's still not Harold's fault that Charlie bit the shit out of him, but it gives you an idea of why I really don't like hanging around with Harold. He's the definition of nebbish: a pitifully ineffectual, luckless, and timid person (dictionary.com).

There are only 8 people who have said they are planning to go to Andrew's party and Harold is one of them. I do not want to go to this party -- in San Jose an hour from home -- where Harold will be the first person there and the last to leave and it's not like I can escape hanging out with him by talking to other people at the party. But I don't want to hurt Andrew's feelings either. I am thinking about taking the whole day off to spend with Andrew and then leaving before the party starts. Or else faking a bad stomach flu. Oh yes I am evil.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Maybe you could pull a John Cusak from "Better Off Dead" only instead of "Hi Ricky, Sorry your Mom blew up," you could say...

"Oh hey there Harold. Sorry about that shitty looking scar on your face. You really shouldn't mess with dogs, man!"

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters