Saturday, December 09, 2006

PARTY!

I did not go to Lake Tahoe this weekend because two friends are having Christmas parties and I wanted very much to go. Often I wonder if my regular jaunts to the lake will one day cause me to cut myself off from life in the city, and I don't want that.

The first party begins at 6:30 in Orinda (it's 5:35 now). The second includes a while elephant charity auction and is about 10 blocks from my apartment.

Orinda is a good 40 minute drive from here. I've got about a half hour to shower, dress, buy a couple of nice hostess gifts, gather up my auctionable white elephant objects, and go out in the cold, cold rain. Guess what? I don't want to go. I'm hoping something inspires me soon.

The second party is being given by a woman from work and I like her a lot. However, I always flirt with her boyfriend to a point beyond what propriety recommends. I can't really help it, he's so attractive. I always go to these social things to hang out with her and end up talking to him with great interest and when he says something funny I just laugh and laugh. After her Christmas party last year I wrote a note that said "it's not a good idea to keep inviting me to your parties because I am hot for your boyfriend," but I didn't give it to her. I threw it away and vowed to behave at the next one. Fat chance. Heh heh.

The party in Orinda is being thrown by dear friends who have been trying very hard to conceive but have been unsuccessful. My heart wants them to have a baby. This party will be attended, I'm told, by quite a number of elderly folks who sponsored them for their country club. I do love the thought of being the youngest at a party. Hasn't happened for a while. I had better get busy, yo. It's time to party.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I'm staying tuned for the report...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters