Thursday, April 05, 2007

Another Gigantic Project...Perhaps

Most of the time these days I don't feel like writing anything in this journal thing. Today is no exception, but as I've said before I owe it to my fans. ha

So today here are five things I'm thankful for:
  1. as a surprise, my roommate hid twenty-four easter eggs around the apartment for me to find, and then he left for Pasadena. I could only find sixteen so this weekend I'll be looking for the remaining eight.
  2. I got a parking spot right in front of my apt. and I don't have to move until Tuesday
  3. I got an unexpected 5% raise today as well as thirty full minutes of praise for my phenomenal work on the job. heh heh.
  4. I realized the new scale in the bathroom says I weigh four pounds more than the old scale does so I'm not as fat as I thought (don't try to follow my logic)
  5. I hucked two bags of clothes down to the dry cleaner this morning so come Monday I'll have a whole new wardrobe

This weekend I plan to stay in SF versus going to Tahoe. I think this is maybe the third weekend of this entire ski season that I haven't driven over there. The snow is all but gone and I'm not up for the drive.

So the deal on buying another house -- I have a contract on another fixer upper over there and it's my turn to counter-offer. I'm in a quandary about whether to really go for it or not. I'm negotiating for around 85% of the original asking price of $399K which is great, but the question is this: do I really want the responsibility of fixing up another house? I think I do, but I need to know that I do. I've got the end-of-ski-season Tahoe fatigue that hits me every year, and that's making me question whether I can handle being tied to another big project. Guess I'll have to decide by tomorrow. I keep looking for signs around me and the big one today is that Patrick called and warned and warned and warned me not to do it. Which makes me want to do it. He reminds me of my dad in that respect, telling me I'm making a mistake. Had I listened to my dad all these years I wouldn't have done most of the top ten things I've gotten the most enjoyment from in my life. No disrespect to Merle, but sometimes you gotta say WTF. Here's the new Tahoe house...I'll let you know if I buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters