Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Last night I went to the interview with Daniel, the new group therapist. The office is in the basement of a church in Berkeley, kind of a sad little place with worn industrial carpeting, low ceilings, mismatched cheap furniture, a few neglected plants, and kids' toys here and there. I found myself fantasizing about an HGTV makeover for this place, all they need is the Design on a Dime team.

I was all choked up. Daniel asked me the first question, why was I there, and I couldn't speak. I think it's that I feel so sorry for myself for having to be there in the first place. I am so sad over this failed relationship -- I miss him and I wish I was in a happy relationship but I don't have the skills. So I am in a sorry little church basement signing up for a "find your inner child" therapy group instead of having dinner with a man who loves me.

I know. Self pity.

I am trying to look on the positive side. If it weren't for this failed relationship I wouldn't be looking for help, and I need to get better. I am lucky that it happened. And if I'm really lucky it won't happen again. Please god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters