Monday, March 20, 2006

Today I'm in Berkeley and I'm going to be interviewed for a therapy group. The interview is a requirement before I can join the group. They want to see if I will fit in, and they want to see if the therapist can help me. If I am approved it will mean I have 2 therapists and still no house cleaner.

This group is going to help me work on my co-dependence. I'm hoping I can beat whatever makes me find and fall for guys who are seriously broken. Finding them isn't all that easy but falling for them seems like a piece of cake.

I read a little bit about their methods and it sounds like a lot of Berkeley hoo-ha but I'm willing to try. It's Tuesday nights from 7 to 9 -- yowsa that's a lot of time to devote.

I've been spending cycles today trying to decide what to do with the tickets to Britt Daniel that I bought to surprise him. The show is sold out and I have plenty of people from Craig's List who will buy them. I have four tickets and I am tempted to just sell 2 and go to the show. There is a guy from Nerve that I think would be psyched to go with me, and I think the show will be fantastic.

It may be bad form to go and have even the tiniest risk that he will be there (but he won't be there, I'm almost sure). It may also put bad ju-ju on the new guy. But on the other hand it might be freeing for me -- putting him in the past and moving on. I'm more than a little curious about what might happen.

I am also wondering why I am spending time thinking about it. Maybe I'm still obsessing. Maybe selling the tickets will be a way to just get past all this (versus spending another 10 days until the show thinking, thinking, thinking).

The answer is just totally obvious, isn't it? NO. IT'S. NOT. Maybe this is a great question to pose to therapist no. 2 tonight. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counters